MUNTurkey.com: Hello MUNAAL’19 Team! As MUNTurkey.com, we feel so proud to work with MUNAAL’19 as the Official Media Partner! We are so excited to be with you in the second annual session of Model United Nations Conference of Ankara Atatürk High School. MUNAAL’18 was affiliated with MUNA and sponsored by MUNTurkey.com. This years’ edition of MUNAAL will also have a lot of powerful and international partners which will contribute to the development of its participants! Every MUNer in Turkey is now watching your steps during your second journey! Let’s start and get to know you closer!
1. MUNTurkey.com: This year it is going to be the second annual session of MUNAAL’19, however; we know that your team has a lot of experience. Could you please introduce the academic and organization team of the conference?
Both the academic and organization teams of MUNAAL 2019 are made up of extremely talented MUNers and they work really hard to provide each and every participant with a stimulating experience of diplomacy.
2. MUNTurkey.com: Everyone is curious about the committees and agenda items. What is the best committee for the first-timers and experienced delegates?
This year we have 6 different committees which are apt for various levels. In the light of our conference team, the Economic and Financial Committee of the General Assembly (GA2) and United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) will be focusing on the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN. Both GA2 and UNIDO are great committees for first-timers as they will be directly reflecting the diplomatic structure of the UN creating a great learning environment for our enthusiastic delegates. European Council will be examining up to date challenges of Europe and is a perfect committee both for experienced delegates or the ones who would like to challenge themselves. NATO will be simulated as a crisis committee and apt for experienced delegates. The Second Grand National Assembly of Turkey, which is one of the most special elements of our conference, will be simulated as a historical crisis committee and we definitely look experienced delegates with a special interest in the field of history. Lastly, ICTY will be a high-level court simulation and apt for law students or delegates who are interested in international law.
3. MUNTurkey.com: And as far as we see, you managed to gather legendary MUNers in your academic team. How did you manage to collect so many important MUNers at your conference? Could you please introduce the USGs of MUNAAL’19?
We are more than proud of our academic team. The success of last year’s edition and our precious MUN club helped us contact with these amazing people. USG responsible for GA 2: Economic and Financial Committee is İnci ÇETİN, USG responsible for UNIDO is Asmin Nupel AKINCI, USG responsible for European Council is Erenay KARACAN, USG responsible for NATO is Derin ERYILMAZ, USG responsible for Historical Crisis Committee: The Second Grand National Assembly of Turkey is Can BOSTANCI.
4. MUNTurkey.com: Team of MUNAAL’19 will be “Overarching Diplomacy”. Could you please tell us more about your conference theme?
We can proudly say that our conference theme is of great importance for the dynamics of MUNAAL 2019. Preparing the academic content for our committees, “overarching diplomacy” was a massive source of inspiration for us and in relation to our theme, we decided to provide our participants with the sense of different international organizations and cover significant topics from every corner of the world of diplomacy. In this context, we choose to simulate the UN, the EU and NATO at the same time which will provide a unique experience for all MUNers. In addition, SGNAT and ICTY are two high-level specialised committees both inclusively addressing historical issues that shaped the course of the 21st century and we certainly aim to surprise our participants with ravishing diplomatic atmospheres of these two special committees.
5. MUNTurkey.com: How is your delegate acceptance procedure? Will you accept individual delegates or just delegations from high schools and universities?
We will evaluate all applications that are submitted through our website munaal.com according to the level of experience of the applicants. However, experience obviously is not the only criteria and enthusiasm is what we exactly look for. In this context, we suggest all applicants emphasizing their actual reason willingness in their motivation letters. We accept both individual delegates and delegations from high schools and universities.
6. MUNTurkey.com: There are a lot of MUN conferences around the world recently. To be honest, MUNers have started to be more selective in their preference of the MUN conferences they want to attend and everybody looks for a good reason. From your point of view, why should people take place in this year’s edition of MUNAAL’19?
MUNAAL 2019 is made up of amazing academic and organization teams consisting of the most talented MUNers of our city and is prepared by one of the oldest and most experienced MUN Clubs of Turkey. Moreover, our conference theme and the date are both issues of special focus because the last day of our conference will mark the 96th anniversary of the Declaration of Ankara as the capital city Of Turkey and we will have special surprises for our participants. Last year, the dedicated teams of MUNAAL managed to prepare an amazing first edition and this year we, with the lessons learned from the previous edition of MUNAAL, are assertively certain that MUNAAL 2019 will become one of the most unforgettable MUN organizations of the history and astonish our participants with its quality and many unexpected surprises.
7. MUNTurkey.com: How should delegates get ready for the conference? Do you think only reading the study guide is enough to represent a country in such a prestigious conference?
Our goal is to make our study guides as helpful and inclusive as possible. However, it is only a guide for delegates to research about their agendas. Thereby, only reading the guide won’t be enough for a delegate to be prepared fully. We advise our delegates to study their agendas well and develop their representative skills by reading MUNTURKEY.COM articles. We heard they are pretty useful ?.
9. MUNTurkey.com: We also would like to know more details about your social activities and MUN party. What kind of social activities will there be in MUNAAL’19?
Our PR Team worked and is working pretty hard to prepare joyful surprises for MUNAAL 2019 participants. Events and coffee breaks will be hard to forget.
10. MUNTurkey.com: As you know, we have started a new project named MUNFashion! We are curious about the dress code. Could you please briefly inform us about the dress code of the conference? Furthermore, what else can you say about the fashion of MUN?
The dress code of our conference will be formal western business attire and we expect all participants not to breach the dress code. MUN fashion is extremely fun but it is also important not to damage the diplomatic atmosphere of the committees finding a balance of fashion and work.
11. MUNTurkey.com: Thank you very much for this great interview. We are sure you would like to add more about yourself or MUN world. And, last but not least, what can you tell us about MUNTurkey.com? Do you think MUNTurkey.com contributes to the development of MUN conferences and students’ self-improvement?
MUNTurkey.com has helped our teams both during their delegate and board member careers. We believe MUNTurkey.com is such a great panel that gathers MUN enthusiasts all around the country and provides them with unique and quality content. Rather than contributing useful and educative articles, the content is also fun and relatable which is important when a student first meets with MUN. It is an undeniable truth that the platform has relatively helped new conferences and MUNers to educate themselves a lot.