Special Interview with Sarlota Cholevova: A Successful Member of the Impact Summit Prague “Building Tomorrow’s Leaders”
1. MUNTurkey.com: Dear Sarlota Cholevova, first of all, we are very grateful to you for giving us this chance to have an interview with you! As we know, you are a successful member of the Impact Summit Prague. Could you please introduce yourself and your position at the conference briefly?
Sarlota Cholevova: Hi! For me, it’s a great pleasure that I can be part of such an interview. I am 17 years old and I study at a prestigious bilingual high school in the Czech Republic. At Impact Summit my role is being the head of International and Local Cooperation and Financial Aid. So I concentrate on finding us partners, but also delegations from all around the world.
2. MUNTurkey.com: We are mainly working on MUN conferences. Is it possible for you to tell us the differences between MUN conferences and Impact Summit in terms of rules and producers?
Sarlota Cholevova: The main difference between the Impact Summit and any other MUN conference is that the delegates may refer to themselves in personal pronouns as they are expressing their own opinion. The main point of the Impact Summit is to give anyone a chance to express their opinion on the raised topic. Concerning the debate – The session begins with an unmoderated caucus where delegates are creating resolutions on the two discussed goals. There is no further debate following the unmoderated caucus, delegates yield the floor. It is important that all delegates are participating in the voting procedure. Only one resolution on each topic is passed to the Impact Assembly. Each resolution is introduced by four speakers. Every resolution requires introduction and personal opinion from its creators. Each speaker can either be open to points of information or not. They are each allowed to answer two questions. There is no debate after all of the questions have been answered, delegates move directly to the voting procedure. All delegates must vote. The resolution passes with the majority of votes.
3. MUNTurkey.com: Academic background of the conferences is pretty important. Could you please tell us more about committees and agenda of Impact Summit Prague?
Sarlota Cholevova: The main topic of the Impact Summit is Building Tomorrow’s Leaders. The aim of the summit is to tackle on the 16th Sustainable Development Goal – Peace Justice and Strong Institutions. Two sub-goals that are going to be discussed are –
1) Promote the rule of law at the national and international levels and ensure equal access to justice for all
2) Ensure public access to information and protect fundamental freedoms, in accordance with national legislation and international agreements
Delegates will be divided into five committees –
IMPACT 1- International Media
IMPACT 2- International Treaties
IMPACT 3- Sustainable Development
IMPACT 4- Role of NGOs
IMPACT 5- Students Movements
Students will be discussing each sub-goal and be creating resolutions on them according to the main bearing of the committee that they applied to.
4. MUNTurkey.com: Is it possible to give us more information about the social events and parties of Impact Summit Prague?
Sarlota Cholevova: During the very first night, participants may attend the Cultural night. There you can look forward to an amusing program filled with music, social interactions, art, dancing and a lot more. We are also happy to announce that participants will have a chance to talk to many international leaders such as Salam Kedan, the laureate of 2015 peace Award, Omar Al Busaidy and Robin de Zeeuw, who will also share their stories during the opening ceremony. The summit will be also filled with fantastic workshops. One of them will be led by the first social evolutionist and Peace advocate Angela Abraham.
5. MUNTurkey.com: We are planning to have another account of ours about MUN fashion to inform (generally the first timers) MUNers about how should they wear and what should they basically look like. And we think that you might be a perfect example for our MUNers. What is your favourite combination, would you like to share with us?
Sarlota Cholevova: My personal recommendation is to wear something you feel comfortable but also professional at once. The dress code is formal so there is definitely no place for flip-flops for example. Honestly, I love the dress so during conferences like this don’t expect me to wear something different!
6. MUNTurkey.com: Thank you very much for this great interview. We are sure you would like to add more about yourself or MUN world. And, last but not least, what can you tell us about MUNTurkey.com? Do you think MUNTurkey.com contributes to the development of MUN conferences and students’ self-improvement?
Sarlota Cholevova: MUNTurkey.com undoubtedly contributes to the development of MUN conferences and students’ self-improvement as it provides all information needed for the delegates to prepare themselves for any MUN conference of the world. By promoting other MUN conferences, people are obtaining knowledge about the questions that are tormenting modern society. I think that MUNTurkey.com is the perfect website not only for potential participants but also for people that are interested in the further development of our society.
Impact Summit Prague Official Media Sponsor is MUNTurkey.com!