1. MUNTurkey.com: Could you please introduce the academic and organization team of the conference? We are all curious about the heroes behind that amazing conference!
Director-General: Ekin Eryazar
Deputy Director-General: Lal Kula
– Director of Administrative Staff Team: Özcan Yalçın
– PR and Delegate Affairs Team:
Director: Öykü Apa,
Associate Directors: Merve Kılınç, Cansu Tosun
Members: Fikret Özerkan, Hasan Eren Çelik
– Finance Team:
Director: Destina Anıl,
Associate Director: Zabihullah Khawaja
Members: Melanie Yardım, Rohat Süer,
– Logistics Team:
Director: Emre Altunay, Kutay Kılıç
Associate Director: Efekan Özer
Members: Ekinsu Perçin, Ela Üstünkaya
Director: Seren Gökkut
Member: Yakamoz Sözübir
Director: Gülfeda Duman
Co-Director: Alperen Yeşilöz
Member: İlayda Demirci
Secretary-General: İlyas Evren Kurt
Cabinet of Japan:
USG: Hazal Ulu
AA: Ayşenur Aktaş
USG: Abdullah Qureshi
AA: Efe Coştu
JCC: American Revolution
USG: Gökdeniz Yüksel
AA: Aleyna Alçınkaya
2. MUNTurkey.com: Everyone is curious about the committees and agenda items?
1. Joint Crisis Cabinet: American Revolution: Freedom or Inequality?
2. Japan Cabinet: Collapse of the Japan Empire
3. Historical United Nations Human Rights Council: African American Movement.
3. MUNTurkey.com: This is the first time one MUN Club organizes a conference for the experienced delegates. How many experiences should a delegate have in order to be accepted by HASADVANCED’20?
We have some participation requirements for HASADVANCED’20.
– Delegate acceptances will be made by the academic team, depending on the delegate’s experience
– High school delegates must have at least 5 conference experiences to apply. This number is 3 for college delegates.
4. MUNTurkey.com: We have learned that there are only crisis committees in HASADVANCED’20? Why didn’t want to give a place for GA committees?
We believe that it is not a positive thing that the committees go steady also inadequate to discuss issues in GA committees. For example, no delegates defend to kill animals in the animal rights committee, but in the real world, it doesn’t work like that. That is why we made this choice to ensure that committees do not proceed shallowly. Historical UNHRC is kind of a GA committee that delegates will able to write PR that’s all. For all the committees, we would say that we have planned a conference where delegates will not only participate in the committees but also live in the committee.
5. MUNTurkey.com: As you know UNHRC has started a resolution challenge on a global scale for the MUN conference. Will you join this challenge?
No, we don’t plan to attend.
6. MUNTurkey.com: There are a lot of MUN conferences around the world recently. To be honest, MUNers have started to be more selective in their preference of the MUN conferences they want to attend and everybody looks for a good reason. From your point of view, why should people take place in this year’s edition of HASADVANCED’20?
First of all HASMUN Club has organized many conferences and there are lots of memories, knowledge and successes. As both Organization Team and Academic Team are qualified with people who are really good at their work. To feel the privilege of the MUN conferences, we highly recommend HASADVANCED’20
7. MUNTurkey.com: Honourable Secretary-General of HASADVANCED’20 İlyas Evren Kurt
states his welcome letter that “With the magnificent HasAdvanced Academy team and Organization team, we look forward to making you experience a high-level conference and stick in your minds when you talk about your Model United Nations experiences.” Do you believe that MUN conferences reach their target in general? Will HASADVANCED’20 reach its goal?
We know that there are some MUN Clubs which is organizing MUN Conferences the way they should be organized. And unfortunately, apart from these clubs, MUN conferences’ qualities have started to decrease. We as HASMUN Club are trying to increase the value of MUN conferences. HASADVANCED’20 is the first edition conference so we are working hard as both Academic and Organization Team to give magnificent experiences to our participants and we believe that like our other conferences which are HASMUN and HASTRAIN, HASADVANCED’20 will also reach its goal.
8. MUNTurkey.com: We also would like to know more details about your social activities and MUN party. What kind of social activities will there be in HASADVANCED’20?
Social event details will be announced later. But apart from that, all of our coffee breaks are entertaining and feels like a party! We have enjoyable games, challenges and dances.
9. MUNTurkey.com: Thank you very much for this great interview. We are sure you would like to add more about yourself or MUN world. And, last but not least, what can you tell us about MUNTurkey.com? Do you think MUNTurkey.com contributes to the development of MUN conferences and students’ self-improvement?
Yes, of course, we think like that way because before MUNTurkey.com, people who are interested in MUN, couldn’t find a chance to see all MUN conferences but thanks to MUNTurkey all conferences in Turkey is listing right know and additionally, people can easily inform about context, venue, pros and cons of conferences.
Please visit https://hasadvanced.org/ for more information about the conference!