MUNTurkey.com: Hello CAMUN’19 Team! As MUNTurkey.com, we feel so proud to serve CAMUN’19 as the Official Media Sponsor! This year is going to be the second annual session of CAMUN and we are sure that it’s going to be an amazing MUN conference again! Let’s start!
1. MUNTurkey.com: We know that CAMUN’19 gives a lot of importance to the academic background of the conference. We also know that all there will be no USG position in CAMUN’19 and chairs are responsible for the whole academic issues. Could you please tell us more about your academic side of the conference?
CAMUN Team: Greetings from the family of CAMUN! Yes, as the executive board of Camlaraltı Model UN club we have decided upon having no Under-Secretaries-General. As it has been said in the welcome letter of our Secretary-General we can see the decreasing quality of academic sides of Model United Nations conferences. In order to prevent such problematic situations, we have decided to invite passionate MUNers who have proven themselves by their MUN careers and previous positions that they have had in other MUN conferences. For us, the chairs hold the most important position in an MUN conference since they have personal connections more than any other academic team members. For this reason, our academic team, which consists of MUNers serving as Under-Secretary Generals and Secretaries-General etc. at other conferences, has left its ambition for titles behind and aimed instead to serve as chairs in CAMUN.
2. MUNTurkey.com: There will be 4 different committees in CAMUN. How did you create your committees and your agenda items? Is there any level difference between committees? What committee should first-timers and experienced delegates prefer?
CAMUN Team: Our committees for this annual session of CAMUN are; United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) for Junior MUNers, United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) for our beginner and pre-intermediate participants, BRICS for intermediate and upper-intermediate participants and finally Joint Crisis Cabinet: 6 Days War for advanced MUNers. We believe that those who participate in Model UN are people who will be leading the world in the near future. We also believe that one cannot achieve success without thinking of others and for this instance, we have chosen UNICEF and OCHA in order to make these future leaders experience what it is like to touch someone’s life, someone that you have not even seen in your life. Furthermore, the world is changing and so are the economic giants of the world,then why not being a head of state or a CEO of an internationally recognized company at BRICS and personally a part of this wind of change? Lastly, the success of the Israeli army in such harsh conditions has been written in dictionaries as the synonym of being victorious. Let’s see if the Israeli cabinet will be able to achieve the same success in a comfortable committee room or the Arab coalition will be able to change the course of history.
3. MUNTurkey.com: There are a lot of MUN conferences around the world recently. To be honest, MUNers have started to choose the MUN conferences they want to attend and everybody looks for a good reason. As MUNTurkey.com, we know how important it is to attend CAMUN’19. From your point of view, why should people take place in this year’s edition of CAMUN?
CAMUN Team: Frankly, the short answer for this question is our motive of being as professional as a university conference while also making our delegates from all over Turkey to feel the sincerity and the warmth of being a part of the family of Camlaraltı Model UN society. We have proven how much we depend on our academic quality by inviting our academical team members rather than opening applications. Furthermore, details about the organizational part of the conference will be touched upon in the following question.
4. MUNTurkey.com: Could you please tell us more about the organization and logistics of the conference? What kind of social events are you planning? Will there be any trips for advisors? Which hotel will the participants be staying at during the conference? Will there be different social events?
CAMUN Team: The unique part of our organization team is that it will be taking their responsibilities as professional as our academic team. By this we mean that the organizational team will be treating our participants with all due their respect and communicate to them via the official language of CAMUN which is English. Speaking for our logistics services, we will not be providing shuttles from the airport however our shuttle will be present every morning for our participants accommodating at Ontur Hotel. We wouldn’t like to spoil the surprise for our delegates about our social event but here is a little hint: No one will be left alone in our social event.
5. MUNTurkey.com: CAMUN’19 has one committee for junior students. Could you please give us more information about JMUN committee of CAMUN’19?
CAMUN Team: Our junior committee will be simulating the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund with the agenda items of preserving the rights of refugee children and the punishment of child abuse and rape on United Nations. We do believe that these agenda items are crucial for the development of junior MUNers since they may empathize with their coevals who do not have the same chances as them. We assure our junior participants that the sufficient training upon our procedure will be given to them before the official sessions start which means that they do not have to worry at all.
6. MUNTurkey.com: CAMUN’19 will create first MUN Tutorial videos. Could you please give us more information about your tutorial videos?
CAMUN Team: Before talking about the details of these videos we would like to state that it is going to be such an honour for our MUN society to be able to take part in the education and development of the whole MUN community in our country so we thank the team of MUNTurkey for this brilliant cooperation. There will be three episodes of our education step by step. The first video will be “Model United Nations 101” and will be a basic introduction to the Model United Nations. The second video will be about the documentation process and giving the perfect speech and lastly, in the third episode, we will be giving the viewers little tips and tricks to our viewers that will make their chances of being the best delegate higher. The videos will be hosted by the Secretary-General of CAMUN’19 Arda ATAOĞUZ. Stay tuned!
7. MUNTurkey.com: As you know, we have started a new project named MUNFashion! We are curious about the dress code. Could you please briefly inform us about the dress code of the conference? Furthermore, what else can you say about the fashion of MUN?
CAMUN Team: Our dress code is very simple “Dress like you are going to be meeting your idol politician.” The dress code for our male participants is wearing a suit and for the female participants, it is mandatory to be in business attire. For the delegates which represent countries that are free to wear their traditional clothing under the roof of the United Nations (Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Papua New Guinea etc) are free in CAMUN as well. Speaking for the project of MUNTurkey “MUN Fashion” we can say that our team admires the MUNers which are showcasing their style and our team will be getting inspiration from them while choosing their attire surely!
8. MUNTurkey.com: Thank you very much for this great interview. We are sure you would like to add more about yourself or MUN world. And, last but not least, what can you tell us about MUNTurkey.com? Do you think MUNTurkey.com contributes to the development of MUN conferences and students’ self-improvement?
CAMUN Team: Speaking in the name of Camlaraltı MUN society, we think that the Model United Nations is the most privileged activity that can be attended by a teenager and should be attended by every teenager all around the world at least once. In this ideal, it is for certain that MUNTurkey is playing a key role by their contributions and the handwork they are showing for our society.
We highly encourage all MUNers to attend CAMUN’19!
MUNTurkey.com PR Team