The general topic of the summit is Building Tomorrows Leaders. The aim of the summit is to tackle one sustainable development goal by discussing and creating two resolutions on two sub goals in each group. The sustainable development goal selected is Goal 16- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
The two sub goals which are to be discussed:
- Promote the rule of law at the national and international levels and ensure equal access to justice for all.
- Ensure public access to information and protect fundamental freedoms, in accordance with national legislation and international agreements
Participants will be divided into four groups called
IMPACT 1 IMPACT 2 IMPACT 3 IMPACT 4
Each group will be composed of 25 participants. Each participant will be representing himself not a designated country. Our goal is to simulate a real UN meeting. After the opening ceremony, lobbying sessions take place in each group.
Delegates in each group will be creating two resolutions at the same time
In each group, there will be one person (student officer) who will make sure that everything goes smoothly and according to the rules of procedure)
The time which will be spent on each sub-goal for creating resolutions is 90 minutes
Every resolution requires introduction and personal opinion from four participants who were creating the resolution with two questions allowed each
There will be no discussion and after all creators of the resolution have answered their questions they yield the floor and we move directly into voting procedure.
Every participant will have the copy of every resolution
FAQ of IMPACT SUMMIT
1. Where and when is the IMPACT SUMMIT?
Impact Summit will be held in the historical city of Prague in the Czech Republic from 21st to 23rd September
2. How much is the fee for the IMPACT SUMMIT?
Delegate fee is 150€
Advisor fee is 70€
• Delegate fee includes cultural night, lunch and snacks during the conference sessions, transportation from and to the airport in the beginning and at the end of the conference, Spa during the conference days, and all conference materials
3. How many participants will there be at the IMPACT SUMMIT?
250 participants are expected to participate in Impact Summit 2018
4. How long will the IMPACT SUMMIT last?
The conference will last from 21st to 23rd of September so three days in total
5. Is accommodation included in the fee?
No, accommodation is not included in the fee and costs 45€ per night per delegate. The accommodation will be the same hotel as the conference will take place
6. To what airport should I fly to when coming to the IMPACT SUMMIT?
Václav Havel International Airport in Prague
7. What are the committees and agenda?
The aim of the summit is to tackle one sustainable development goal by discussing and creating two resolutions on two sub goals in each group. The sustainable development goal selected is Goal 16- peace, justice and strong institutions
The two subgoals which are to be discussed:
– Promote the rule of law at the national and international levels and ensure equal access to justice for all
– Ensure public access to information and protect fundamental freedoms, in accordance with national legislation and international agreements
Participants will be divided into five groups called
➢ IMPACT 1
➢ IMPACT 2
➢ IMPACT 3
➢ IMPACT 4
➢ IMPACT 5
Each group will be composed of 40 participants
Each participant will be representing himself not a designated country
Each group will be tackling the topic from a different perspective such as social media or international law
8. What are three MUST SEE places in the venue?
a) Prague Castle,
b) Charles Bridge
c) Old Time Square
9. What is the application deadline for the SALAM CENTER FOR PEACE’S Conference & Summit??
The application deadline is until the end of May after then only exceptional delegates will be accepted who will prove the motivation and desire to participate in the Summit
10. How do I learn more about the IMPACT SUMMIT?
You can visit our Impact Summit Facebook page where we post the most up to date news about partnerships and guest speakers or you can visit our official website
Official Media Sponsor of Impact Summit is MUNTurkey.com